The Coopers Rock Foundation is excited to announce our first annual Coopers Rock Foundation Spring 5K Trail Run.
The race date is set for Sunday, May 17th! Come enjoy our 5K trail run through Coopers Rock State Forest. The race starts near the overlook parking lot, and is an out and back on the Roadside Trail, with a lollipop loop near the reservoir. Registration is under a tent near the start from 11:00-12:30. The race begins at 1 pm. Register using the paypal button below.
Register today using the paypal button below, and be sure to indicate your t shirt size for our very cool Coopers Rock Foundation 5K race t shirt!
Let’s finish this! The Foundation has a challenge for every friend of the forest. We have a donor who will match EVERY DONATION dollar for dollar up to $5,000.00 so we can complete our vault toilet fundraising project below. We have raised $17,000 so far, and have just obtained another $7,500 in matching funds from DNR Parks.
We are very close to our goal, and hope you will help us. Just go to the “donate” page on our web site; http://www.coopersrock.org/donate or come to the Black Bear next week. Any donations of any amount are much appreciated!
New vault toilet design:
Existing boarded up restroom at the day use parking lot:
If you shop at Krogers, please consider helping us by signing up in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Your personal shopping “points” are not used for this! Kroger takes a percentage of the total money spent by participating enrollees and donates it directly to the Coopers Rock Foundation. Everyone wins! Will you help us build this restroom this year?
Interested in helping? Follow the directions below and thank you!
Dear Coopers Rock Foundation Inc.
Congratulations on your enrollment into our Kroger Community Rewards Program. Your participants can begin enrolling online within 48 hours of this notification. Just go to the appropriate website mentioned below and begin enrolling.
You have been assigned a new NPO number 91572.
Please refer to this number in all future correspondence.
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Simply encourage your members to register online at com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
The trees in the Pisgah section of Coopers Rock are getting some much needed love and attention this February! Thanks to Aurora Lights and all the area citizens who are stepping up and speaking out against the proposed timber project. About forty people of all ages gathered for the Hug Our Trees (HOT) day on Valentines Day up in the Pisgah section of the forest to show solidarity for these trees and this region of the forest that has been left untouched by commercial logging since 1936. Many believe that the best way to “manage” this section of the forest is to allow it to remain untouched.
Please consider signing our petition for stopping the timber project by clicking on this link.
Read the Dominion Post article about the 2015 Winterfest by click on the below link:
All we need now is YOU! Adam Polinski, seen above at a past Winterfest and “MC” of this event. and a fleet of volunteers are putting the final touches on all the fun filled and action packed events for Winterfest 2015 and now all we need is lots of adventurous folks to come and enjoy the day with us. There is plenty of snow, there will be hot chocolate, chili, fresh baked cookies and brownies (in fact, I am baking cookies right now!). Don’t miss this exciting event. We are selling Coopers Rock Foundation Winterfest knit caps to raise money for a new restroom at the day use lot. In fact, all monies raised at Winterfest will help purchase the new facility. Below is a full schedule for the day and thank yous to our supporting businesses, the Real Restaurant and Southern States! Thank you both very much for your support.