24th CELEBRATION of the OUTDOORS!
• Friday, June 6: Dinner Bash
• Saturday, June 7: Celebration of the Outdoors
• Sunday, June 8: 5K Race
This year’s Celebration of the Outdoors is bigger and better than ever. In addition to the full day of activities on Saturday, June 7, this year’s event adds a Dinner Bash (with live music!) on Friday evening, June 6…and a 5K trail race on Sunday, June 8. For more information, scroll down!
June 6: Dinner Bash
Come join us for a fun dinner bash Friday evening at the MeadWestvaco Natural Resources Center on the north side of Coopers Rock State Forest. Cost is $25/person, which covers dinner catered by Black Bear Burritos and live music by Fern Hollow Collective.
June 7: Celebration of the Outdoors
The 24th Annual Celebration of the Outdoors happens around the Overlook parking area at Coopers Rock State Forest from 10am to 4pm. As always, we’ll have a full day of events and activities, including…
• Guided nature hikes
• The Avian Conservation Center of Appalachia
• Live music by The Bailey Boys
• Birdhouse building and sign painting for kids
• Introduction to Rock Climbing by the WVU Outdoor Recreation Center
• Guided forest “Cool Spots” hike
• Early morning birding hike
All events are free but we request a small donation. Discounted memberships to the Coopers Rock Foundation will also be available.
June 8: 5K Trail Race
Join us for a 5K Trail Run/Walk at Coopers Rock State Forest during our Celebration of the Outdoors weekend. If you’ve never tried trail running before, this is a great first-timer’s race, as the trails are forgiving and not rocky.
COURSE: 5K rolling hills loop on the Roadside Trail and Reservoir Loop Trail
ENTRY FEE: $20 if postmarked by Saturday, May 14 or $25 up to race time.
BONUS: For only $5 extra with your registration fee, you can help support your local forest by becoming a member of the Coopers Rock Foundation. Memberships include a high-quality waterproof trail map of Coopers Rock! Additional donations are gratefully accepted and will be used for Coopers Rock maintenance projects!
SWAG: All pre-registrants are guaranteed a Coopers Rock Foundation technical t-shirt (only guaranteed up to May 14); post-race refreshments will be available.
WHEN & WHERE: Race day registration and packet pickup at the Overlook parking lot from 8am-9:30am.
For More Information: email firstname.lastname@example.org
TWO WAYS TO REGISTER for the 5K RACE!
1. Click the link below to download and print a registration form, which you can mail with a check…
Click to download the race registration form (PDF).
2. Or fill out and submit the form below, then click the PayPal button to pay the registration fee (sorry, but it’s a two-step process—it’s pretty easy though!).